UW Postdocs meet with PERC & UW Admin; authorization cards delivered to PERC; UW Postdocs deliver letter to UW Admin
UW Postdocs have majority support for their union and filed for an election!
UW Postdocs are forming a union to improve the Postdoc experience at UW and increase the political voice of researchers locally and nationally.
UW Postdocs make essential contributions to the world-class research conducted at UW, but many of them still struggle to pay high housing and other costs in Seattle, lack secure rights in the workplace, and face increasing uncertainty about our futures given the precarious nature of science funding and unstable regulation of visas and work authorization in the current political climate.
- FAQs for 4121 members about Postdocs
- Read about Postdocs’ experiences
- Visit their campaign website
- Read their petition
- UW Postdocs delivered a sign-on letter to UW Admin asking that they publicly support the union drive
- UW Postdocs received a letter of support from immigrant rights organizations
- UW Postdocs delivered a sign-on letter to UW Admin asking that they don’t exclude any Postdoc titles
- UW Unions and WA labor leaders wrote a letter urging UW President Cauce not to exclude any Postdoc titles
- Read UW Admin’s response to their petition