Article 30 – Voluntary Community Action Program (VCAP)
Upon presentation of a legible signed authorization form executed by an ASE, the University agrees to provide a voluntary check off for the UAW Voluntary Community Action Program (VCAP) in accordance with the following provisions:
- The authorization form must be mutually agreed upon by the parties and contain specific UW payroll language as determined by the University. If the authorization form is not legible, as determined at the sole discretion of the University, the form will be returned for clarification.
- The ASE must be an active dues paying member for the VCAP deduction to occur.
- The VCAP deduction must be in a flat dollar amount and shall either be deducted from the ASE’s first paycheck of the month, or will be divided equally between the two monthly paychecks, as determined by the University.
- This provision is for regular recurring payroll deductions and shall not be used for one-time deductions.
- An ASE may discontinue the VCAP deductions at any time upon written notification to the Payroll Office.
- The UAW shall be responsible for any reasonable initial and ongoing processing costs associated with setting up and maintaining this additional check off. Costs will be determined at the sole discretion of the University consistent with charges made for other similar deductions. VCAP collections less any processing charges will be remitted to the UAW VCAP on a monthly basis. The remittance listing for this deduction will be added to the Union deduction information already provided to the Union.
- The Union and each ASE authorizing the assignment of wages for the payment of voluntary political action contributions hereby undertakes to indemnify and hold the University harmless from all claims, demands, suits or other forms of liability that may arise against the University on account of any deduction made from the wages of such ASE.