UAW is proud to be active participants in the Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network, a coalition of immigrant and refugee rights organizations and individuals that strive to protect, serve and strengthen support capacity and resources to build power and a united voice in Washington. This website is regularly updated with additional news and resources.
If at any time you’d like to speak with a UAW Local 4121 rep about your own situation, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- DACA Advisory (July 2018) – Spanish, English
- Rapid Response Hotline (to report or get notices about ICE raids) – Spanish, English
- DACA Advisory (April 2018) – Spanish, English
- ICE Raid Toolkit – Spanish, English
- Know Your Rights Door Hanger – Spanish, English
- What you need to know about DACA and TPS (from the Harvard Refugee & Immigration Clinic)
- Scholarship opportunities for undocumented students
- Upcoming DACA Deadlines – Spanish, English
- Community Advisory regarding Trump’s decision to end DACA program (from Northwest Immigrant Rights Project)
- Important Things To Know About DACA – Spanish, English
- Membership email – Time Sensitive: Additional DACA Resources & Assistance
- Membership email – Action Alert: Rally to #DefendDACA Today @ 2pm
Additional Resources and Upcoming Meeting: Fight Back Against Attack on DACA
From OneAmerica – Upcoming Know Your Rights training:
WHEN: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 @ 5-8pm
WHERE: TAF Bethaday Community Learning Space (605 SW 108th St., Seattle WA 98146)
From the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project – DACA Applications are Currently Being Accepted – USCIS is currently accepting DACA renewal applications, as well as applications from DACA eligible community members whose DACA status has expired (here is a link to their announcement). In response to this development, NWIRP and our partners at Perkins Coie will be holding free DACA renewal clinics in Seattle, as well as hosting free clinics in our Wenatchee and Granger offices. Our Granger office also will accept DACA renewal walk-ins on February 23nd and March 23rd.
- Call 1-855-313-7326 to schedule an appointment in our Seattle office.
- Call 509-570-0054 to schedule an appointment in our Wenatchee office.
- Call 1-888-756-3641 to schedule an appointment in our Granger office.
USCIS has now posted instructions on how it will begin accepting DACA renewal applications in response to a federal judge’s decision. Please note that this only applies to individuals who already have had DACA granted in the past and not to people who would like to pursue initial applications. In addition, our colleagues at Mission Asset Fund have announced that they are accepting applications for scholarships to pay for the renewal application fee.
Note: October 5, 2017 is the renewal deadline if your DACA and work permit is due to expire between now and March 5, 2018. Mayor Murray is providing $150,000 in new city funds to support DACA recipients – apply here. And the Mexican consulate is offering to pay the $495 renewal fee for Mexican nationals. For more, see this page.
At any time, if you have questions about your individual situation please contact us at email@example.com and we will assist. You can also attend any of these workshops throughout the area.
Free information sessions in Seattle:
- Monday Sept 11 at 3:00 PM 21 Progress (409 Maynard Ave S Seattle, WA 98104)
- Friday Sept 15 at 3 PM ReWA (Main Office) (4008 Martin Luther King Jr Way S Seattle, WA 98108)
- Saturday Sept 16 at 10 AM St. Andrew Kim Korean Catholic Church (11700 1st Ave NE Seattle, WA 98125)
- Monday Sept 18 at 5 PM Cleveland High School (5511 15th Ave S Seattle, WA 98108)
Free information sessions outside of Seattle:
- Monday September 11th at 5:30pm in Granger, WA
- Tuesday September 12th at 6pm in Wenatchee, WA
- Saturday September 16th at 10am. Highline College, Des Moines, WA
- Wednesday September 20th at 4pm. Tacoma, WA
- Monday September 25th at 5:30pm in Pasco, WA
For those who want to be more involved in taking action to resist the Trump administration’s attack on DACA, please attend the upcoming Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network meeting on Wednesday 9/13 from 6-8:00 p.m. at Teamsters Hall (14675 Interurban Ave S #307, Tukwila, WA 98168).
Please come out and spread the word! RSVP and share the Facebook event for the meeting.