Resources and Upcoming Meeting: Fight Back Against Attack on DACA
Earlier this week we provided some resources for those impacted by the Trump administration announcement to rescind DACA. As we continue to work with coalition partners in the Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network to develop strategies for affected communities, we will post information to the Network website and re-post to the Local 4121 website here.
Note: October 5, 2017 is the renewal deadline if your DACA and work permit is due to expire between now and March 5, 2018. Mayor Murray is providing $150,000 in new city funds to support DACA recipients. And the Mexican consulate is offering to pay the $495 renewal fee for Mexican nationals. For more, see this page.
At any time, if you have questions about your individual situation please contact us at email@example.com and we will assist. You can also attend any of these workshops throughout the area.
Free information sessions in Seattle:
· Monday Sept 11 at 3:00 PM 21 Progress (409 Maynard Ave S Seattle, WA 98104)
· Friday Sept 15 at 3 PM ReWA (Main Office) (4008 Martin Luther King Jr Way S Seattle, WA 98108)
· Saturday Sept 16 at 10 AM St. Andrew Kim Korean Catholic Church (11700 1st Ave NE Seattle, WA 98125)
· Monday Sept 18 at 5 PM Cleveland High School (5511 15th Ave S Seattle, WA 98108)
Free information sessions outside of Seattle:
· Monday September 11th at 5:30pm in Granger, WA
· Tuesday September 12th at 6pm in Wenatchee, WA
· Saturday September 16th at 10am. Highline College, Des Moines, WA
· Wednesday September 20th at 4pm. Tacoma, WA
· Monday September 25th at 5:30pm in Pasco, WA
For those who want to be more involved in taking action to resist the Trump administration’s attack on DACA, please attend the upcoming Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network meeting on Wednesday 9/13 from 6-8:00 p.m. at Teamsters Hall (14675 Interurban Ave S #307, Tukwila, WA 98168).
Please come out and spread the word! RSVP and share the Facebook event for the meeting.
Monica Cortes Viharo
Arshiya Hoseyni Chime