POSTDOCS HAVE A CONTRACT!
After nine days of striking, the University administration has agreed to terms that make substantial improvements for Research Scientists/Engineers and Postdocs.
- Secured minimum pay that keeps up with living wage standards in the Washington State Minimum Wage Act.
- Minimum will have increased 28% by January 1, 2024, and will be re-negotiated before the next increase January 1, 2025
- Increased childcare fund (to $75,000)
- Improved fee waivers and visa programs for international scholars
- Better reasonable accommodations for workers with disabilities
- Continuation of EPIC and provision of access to better tools for identifying and driving systemic change to end discrimination and harassment
- Improved biking & transportation options
- Contract becomes effective upon ratification and expires January 31, 2025
The Union of Academic Student Employees & Postdocs at the University of Washington
UAW 4121 is the union of graduate and undergraduate ASEs (Research Assistants, Teaching Assistants, Staff Assistants, Reader, Graders, Tutors), Postdocs, and Research Scientists at the University of Washington.
Thanks to 20 years of collective action and strong membership participation, 4121 members have been able to win major improvements – both to our working conditions at UW, and to our living conditions more broadly – on issues including wages, health care, equity and anti-discrimination, housing, international scholar issues, climate change, childcare and family leave, and much more.
New to UW? Find more information at the New Member Welcome Page!
ASEs: Sign the Pledge
Respect picket lines should Postdocs & RSEs strike.
Postdoc Bargaining Center
Find more information & updates.
UW Researchers A-4
Latest info and get involved in bargaining.