Our next monthly membership meeting will take place next Thursday, April 14th at 5:00 p.m. in Sieg Hall room 134.
This meeting will cap a day of action in Seattle to fight poverty and strengthen workers rights. At 1:00 p.m. a delegation of UAW 4121 members will present to the UW Board of Regents a proposal to end UW dependence on student fees. RSVP if you can attend!
We also will consider an amendment to the bylaws proposed at the March membership meeting. After hearing the report of the Bylaws Committee members may pass the bylaws amendment with a ⅔ majority vote.
The proposed agenda for the membership meeting is below. Any member who would like to propose additional agenda items or submit materials in advance of the meeting is welcome to email email@example.com by 9:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 13th .
1) Approval of agenda and previous minutes
2) Report: Day of Action. Next Steps
3) Elections Committee update
4) Consideration of Amendment to Local Union Bylaws
5) Old Business (Resolution)
6) Report: Contract Enforcement (masters pay rate arbitration, TA positions, and trans-equity grievances)
8) Report: Divestment Forums and Climate Caucus
Please note that only union members in good standing will be permitted to participate in meeting action item and votes. Membership eligibility will be verified at the door. Membership may be obtained at the door for those who are eligible but have not yet accepted membership. As always children are welcome.
Arshiya Hoseyni Chime