UW Postdocs meet with PERC & UW Admin; authorization cards delivered to PERC; UW Postdocs deliver letter to UW Admin
UW Postdocs make essential contributions to the world-class research conducted at UW, but many of them still struggle to pay high housing and other costs in Seattle, lack secure rights in the workplace, and face increasing uncertainty about our futures given the precarious nature of science funding and unstable regulation of visas and work authorization in the current political climate.
As of June 10, 2019, our new (and first-ever) UW Postdoc Union contract has been ratified by a vote of 587 to 17, a 97% margin. 68% of all Postdocs voted to ratify the new contract! The contract is now in effect and will expire on January 31, 2021. You can read the full contract language here, a summary of the contract here, and a contract ratification FAQ here.
- FAQs for 4121 members about Postdocs
- Read about Postdocs’ experiences
- Visit the campaign website
- Read the petition
- UW Postdocs delivered a sign-on letter to UW Admin asking that they publicly support the union drive
- UW Postdocs received a letter of support from immigrant rights organizations
- UW Postdocs delivered a sign-on letter to UW Admin asking that they don’t exclude any Postdoc titles
- UW Unions and WA labor leaders wrote a letter urging UW President Cauce not to exclude any Postdoc titles
- Read UW Admin’s response to their petition
- May 8, 2019 City Council Work Session: “Confronting Discrimination and Harassment Through Collective Bargaining at UW”