Thank you for all your hard work on the picket lines (and organizing remotely)! We have two strong contracts in place for UW Research Scientists and Postdocs thanks to your efforts. As you know, UW has docked the pay of many striking workers. In addition to Strike Assistance, we also have a Hardship Fund. Applications for financial aid from that fund are opening today. 

Some quick answers:

  • Any Research Scientist or Postdoc may apply.
  • Funds will be provided on a first come, first serve basis.
  • The maximum receivable amount is your total lost income minus the $500 you should receive through Strike Assistance (if you signed up for strike assistance pay, look for a second email providing updates on Strike Assistance soon).
  • You will be asked to describe how much you need from the fund, for what purpose the money will be used, and if possible, to provide documentation confirming the amount needed. 
  • You will also need to provide a mailing address to which a check can be sent.
  • Applications will be reviewed and funds distributed as they are received, so if you have an urgent need, please get your application in ASAP.
  • Please direct any questions to

The form to apply can be found here.