There are many opportunities in the upcoming week to get involved, build coalition power, and mobilize against hate and discrimination. This below list is not comprehensive and will be updated as information is updated and events are confirmed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of these, and see our Facebook page for live updates!
UW MLK Week Events: The UW is hosting a number of events in the week surrounding Martin Luther King, Jr Day — you can check here for a full list.
- MLK Day Annual Celebration: 9:30am-4pm, Garfield High School. Join us for the annual Seattle Martin Luther King, Jr Day Celebration! There will be a number of workshops at Garfield High School from 9:30-10:50am, a rally at 11am, and a march at 12:30pm from Garfield to the Federal Building. Meet up with other UAW 4121 members and grab a union beanie at Ezell’s (501 23rd Ave) at 12:15pm!
- Evan’s School First 100 Days: Trump’s Administration Policy Panel: 5:30-7:30pm, Parrington Hall.
- Immigration 101 for Allies: 10am, McCaw Hall.
- Immigration & Work Authorization Information Session & Individual Consultations: 10am-12pm, UW Intellectual House. Immigration lawyers will provide a know your rights training from 10-11am, followed by individual consultations from 11am-12pm.
- Conversations for Health Equity: 10am-6:30pm, UW Health Sciences Building Hogness Auditorium and Lobby.
- GPSS Science & Policy Committee Workshop on Writing White Papers and Effective Legislative Lobbying: 11am-12pm, UW Intellectual House.
- UW Resist Workshops: 11am-3:15pm, UW Red Square.
- Voices of a People’s History of the United States: 12-1pm, Seattle City Hall.
- Seattle United for Immigrant and Refugee Families: 12-8pm, McCaw Hall.
- Seattle Student Walkout: 1pm, meet at Seattle Central College.
- All United, None Divided March: 1-4pm, starting at Judkins Park.
- UW Philosophy Conversations After the Election: Panel on Hate Speech & Slurs: 1:30-2:30pm, Savery 361.
- UW Philosophy Colloquium: Luvell Anderson: 3:30-5:30pm, Savery Hall 264.
- Resist Trump Coalition Rally: 5pm, Westlake Park.
- Dynamic Discussion with Kathleen Cleaver: 6-9pm, Kelly ECC and UW Intellectual House. This event will feature a screening of “Black Panthers; Vanguards of a Revolution,” followed by a discussion with Former Communications Secretary for the Black Panther Party Kathleen Cleaver. UAW 4121 will be live-streaming the event at the Intellectual House.
- Student Protests of Milo Yiannopoulos: 6pm, UW Red Square.
- Planned Parenthood Post-Election Town Hall: 7pm, Town Hall.
- Womxn’s March: 10am-4pm, Downtown Seattle. UAW 4121 members are encouraged to join the Labor Contingent (321 16th Ave. S) or the Womxn of Color and Families Contingent (2000 S. Jackson St.)!
- Lunar New Year Celebration: 11am-4pm, Chinatown/International District.
- Community Healing Night at the Well on Beacon: 3-7pm, 3001 Beacon Ave S.
- Tet Festival: 1/21 to 1/22, Seattle Center.
Other Lists of Events: