Deadline for Applying: December 16, 2019
UAW 4121 is the union representing 6,000 academic workers (Postdocs and Academic Student Employees) at all three campuses of the University of Washington. We are seeking to hire a full-time position dedicated to membership outreach and engagement. This position will support the ongoing work of the Local to build our collective power and advocate for fair working conditions, a stronger and more accessible higher education system, and social justice in our community and beyond.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement organizing strategies to increase membership involvement
- Identify, recruit and develop leaders in both units (Postdoc and ASE) of the Local
- Other tasks as assigned by Local Union leadership
A qualified candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong familiarity with workers represented by UAW Local 4121
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google-based programs
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work independently and with a team, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- A commitment to economic, racial and social justice
- The ability to commit to long term employment is a plus
Per Local Union bylaws, eligibility for this position requires membership in the Union (and 1 year of continuous membership in good standing for Academic Student Employees). Pay and benefits are as set forth in the Local Union bylaws.
To be considered for this position, please send via physical mail or email a cover letter, resume and any other supporting materials to the Local Union by Monday, December 16, 2019 at 12:00 noon. Inquiries about the position may be directed to David Parsons at 206.633.6080 and firstname.lastname@example.org
UAW Local 4121
attention: David Parsons
2633 Eastlake Ave E, Ste 200
Seattle, WA 98102
UAW Local 4121 is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ community members are strongly encouraged to apply.