Join the effort to increase the pressure on the UW administration to honor our contract and waive the fees. While the Arbitrator considers our Motion to Confirm his Award that UW must waive the SFR and UPASS fees, as well as the University’s Motion to vacate the award, members are continuing to strategize across campus about next steps.
Here are a couple of suggestions (thanks to members who have written in!):
- Write a letter to the editor, and/or to UW President Young, about the importance of keeping your commitments
- Join the get out the vote effort for priority races between now and November 6th, and help increase visibility of our workforce and hold elected leaders accountable
- Declare every Friday UAW Local 4121 day by wearing your blue T-Shirt to work
- Arm yourself with knowledge by reviewing the history and documentation of the dispute, and contact us if we can answer any questions. We’ve revamped the website to make document retrieval easier.
- Attend a strategy discussion (open to any members) and help develop further action plans
- Come to the next membership meeting (date and location TBA)
Can’t make a meeting and have other suggestions? Just contact us! We’ll provide further updates as they happen, and look forward to continuing to develop a campus-wide plan.