As a reminder, our November membership meeting is tomorrow, Thursday November 9, from 5:30-7pm in Bagley 131. The proposed agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Approve Agenda
- Approve Minutes
- Workgroup Updates: Find out what members are doing to take action on Budget, Climate Justice, Contract Enforcement, Gender Equity, International Solidarity, and Mobilization, and how you can get involved.
- Elections Committee: The Committee will make a proposal for a vacancy election for steward, executive board, and bargaining committee positions.
- Federal Proposal to Tax Tuition Waivers: Come join a discussion about what we can do to prevent the proposed Tax Plan that would treat tuition waivers as taxable income. A more detailed email on this topic will also follow shortly.
- Update on Postdoc Organizing Drive: While a majority of Postdocs have filed for a union, UW is delaying the process (just like they’ve done with every other group of academic workers who have tried to unionize). Check out more recent news coverage and come find out what you can do to help Postdocs win the rights they deserve.
- Contract Campaign Strategizing: The main event for the evening. Participate in a planning conversation about how to ensure that union members from your department are fully informed and fully involved in moving the bargaining process this year. Bring your ideas about what works and what doesn’t: help make this year’s campaign historic!
All members in good standing are encouraged to attend, and new members may sign up to join the union at the meeting. As always children are welcome!
Monica Cortes Viharo
Arshiya Hoseyni Chime