Who we are
In response to increasing activity in our broader labor community, as well as emergent mobilization needs around large-scale issues like reproductive justice, the Solidarity & Mobilization Workgroup (SMWG) was formed in May 2022. The SMWG is intended as a place where 4121 members can come together to build mobilization and solidarity work on a number of issues on an ongoing basis.
- Join the workgroup: All 4121 members are encouraged to join the group! We’re meeting regularly over Summer 2022. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or join the #Reproductive-Rights Slack channel for more information.
- Join the Rapid Mobilization Network: Members are also encouraged to join the Rapid Mobilization Network. This is a Signal group of UAW 4121 members that enables us to quickly coordinate with each other about upcoming events we want to attend, and to connect with others on the ground at events to help build safer and more accessible participation.
Recent Solidarity Actions & Resources
- Reproductive Justice: The SMWG’s primary focus during Spring/Summer 2022 has been on organizing for reproductive justice.
- Protest Safety Resources
- Solidarity with MightyKidz workers
- Solidarity with unionizing Homegrown Workers
- Solidarity with unionizing Starbucks Workers
- Solidarity Day with La Resistencia at Northwest Detention Center
- Solidarity with striking Carpenters