The wave of organizing at Starbucks stores sweeping the country is an inspiring move towards rebuilding the fighting labor movement that is needed to reshape working people’s lives, so that we can truthfully say that we work to live instead of living just to work. UAW 4121 members have been coming together in solidarity with Starbucks workers since early 2022 – check out some of the actions members have taken below! To get involved with ongoing efforts, email email@example.com.
- June 2022: Members joined multiple Starbucks picket lines around the Seattle area.
- May 2022: 4121 members contributed to this article in UW’s The Daily about Starbucks worker organizing and their fight can improve conditions for everyone.
- April 2022: Members helped organize strong turnout to a rally and march in support of Starbucks workers, and joined others in MLK Labor in passing a solidarity resolution.
- February 2022: Members passed this UAW 4121 Resolution in Solidarity with Starbucks Workers. We organized to help win resolutions against Starbucks Corporate’s union-busting – through Seattle City Council, and through MLK Labor. Members also joined additional rallies and delegations.
- January 2022: Members joined and spoke at the Starbucks Solidarity Rally