|Dear UAW Member,
Starting this week, the 7800 workers in the Providence-Swedish Hospital System, represented by SEIU 1199 NW, will be striking for safer working conditions, more control over staffing and scheduling, and better pay. Providence healthcare pays its top 15 executives over $41 million, with routine raises and generous benefits, yet frontline workers have their benefits cut and cannot keep up with the rising cost of living. Now, with the strike looming, Providence has prepared for the strike by signing an $11 million contract with replacement scab workers and hiring 200 “tactical security” guards.
Our union siblings will be striking 24 hours a day for at least three days, so it will mean a lot for 4121 members to show up in force in solidarity with them.
- Can you sign up right now to come to one (or all) of the following picket times together?
- How many people can you bring from your department? (Please have them fill out the RSVP form as well)
UAW Picket Times:
- Tues AM Picket: 7:00 AM, Jan 28
- Tues PM Picket: 6:00 PM, Jan 28 (Meet at UW Light Rail at 5:15 PM)
- Weds Rally: 4:30 PM, Westlake Park (Meet at UW Light Rail at 4:00 PM)
UAW 4121 Joint Council
Monica Cortés Viharo