Black History Month
Check out this list of resources and current initiatives that the UW Black Student Union (BSU) compiled on this linktr.ee. BSU has a “Black Is” series every Wednesday of this month at 6pm at the Ethnic Cultural Center. If you are a Black graduate student at UW, you are also encouraged to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with the Black Graduate Student Association (BGSA). BGSA has a speaker series every Friday of this month from 12-1pm with lunch provided; you can register here.
Solidarity with Striking Temple University Grad Students
- Take a moment to sign on to the Solidarity Statement with TUGSA
- Donate to the TUGSA strike fund & follow the TUGSA Twitter for updates
Solidarity with Turkish and Syrian students and communities
- The Counseling Center (206-543-1240) provides personal counseling, assessment, referral and crisis intervention services to currently-enrolled students.
- LiveWell (206-543-2684) provides support and case consultation for students experiencing personal hardship, including academic hardship as the result of extenuating life circumstances.
- Student Financial Aid: If these events have put an unexpected burden on you financially, please visit with staff in the Office of Student Financial Aid to explore emergency aid options.
- CIRCLE (the Center for International Relations & Cultural Leadership Exchange) (206-685-4004) streamlines critical support for UW international students, including Student Success and Wellbeing coaching.
- AKUT: an “entirely a voluntary, non-governmental organization involved in searching, assisting and rescuing all who require aid within its authority and means”
- Doctors Without Borders: “have received many injured and dead people in the hospitals we support in northwest Syria”
- Ahbap: “Ahbap is the leading non-governmental volunteer organization consisted of philanthropists, aiming to provide any form of help to people in need”
To get involved in ongoing community building and organizing around issues impacting our international students and scholars, please get in touch with our International Solidarity Working Group at email@example.com. Weekly meetings this quarter are on Mondays from 3pm – 4pm over Zoom.
Upcoming International Solidarity Working Group Events
- ISWG Organizing Basics workshop — Monday, 2/27 from 3pm – 4pm over Zoom:
This workshop is geared towards all international students and scholars interested in learning more about & discussing ways to build community and power together. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to bring experiences, ideas, and questions!
- ISWG Bargaining 101 — Spring Quarter, date TBD:
More information to come soon!
ISWG meets weekly over Zoom on Mondays from 3pm – 4pm. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected!
ASEs: Apply to be an EPIC Training Specialist!
February Membership Meeting Recap: 2023 Budget Priorities
Please reach out to the Budget Working Group (email@example.com) with your suggestions or questions for the budget priorities, or to get more involved with the budget process
UAW Runoff Elections