We are continuing to bargain and remain ready and willing to reach agreement if a fair settlement is proposed. In the meantime, members across campus are rapidly organizing for a end-of-quarter strike beginning on June 2 should we not reach agreement by then. For more information and to get involved, check out the links below!
- May 15: Thousands of ASEs and supporters rallied for an historic one-day strike after UW Admin continued to make insufficient movement in bargaining on May 14
- May 8: We continued to bargain with the University for almost 15 hours. For more information, click here. Our next bargaining session will be on Monday, May 14, 9am-5pm in Roosevelt Commons West 271.
- May 3: By a margin of 2272 to 196, UAW Local 4121 members overwhelmingly rejected the contract offer that the UW Administration made on April 30.
- April 30: About 400 ASEs turned out for the bargaining session to show unity in demanding a fair and equitable contract. In response, the university administration barred the building doors to prevent more members from entering and had the UW Police escort our members out of the building.
- April 24: ASEs voted 96.1% to authorize a strike should circumstances justify.
For a full timeline of events, please click here.